View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #136
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

As I mentioned in post #132 above, you can't just switch the lower control arms. This is because the '63-'66 C20's have a flat lower control arm shaft that bolts directly to the crossmember. The C10's from '63-'87 and the C20's from '67-'87 both use round control arm shafts that sit in a saddle that is riveted to the crossmember and attached with U-bolts. Without making it difficult, you will have to change the front suspension crossmember if you want to use the C10 lower control arms.

A last minute thought here, you might be able to switch the control arm shafts from your C20 arms to a set of '63-'70 lower control arms. I'm not sure if the bushings are the same or not. If you decide to try this, be forewarned, changing the control arm shafts and the steel bushings can be a big pita unless you have the proper tools to do it.....even then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_1966_GMC View Post
are the upper and lower control arm interchangeable with frame and crossmember if so i migth just go and look for some this weekend
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE

Last edited by Captainfab; 09-07-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote