Old 09-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #52
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The end of an era........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
"okay, can we go look for bugs?"
That's fantastic!!

It is sad to see it go, but there are times that practicality has to be addressed. Our Suburban has been a wonderfual addition to the fleet. Until it became functional, I never realized how easy it could make things that previously required some logistical planning. Now, there are only three of us, but when the family comes over and we are all heading out somewhere we can all pile in the Sub and travel in one vehicle as a family unit, or when my boy's friend/s need a ride to the birthday party or hauling the massive pile of loot that they receive for Christmas/birthdays from family and friends back to the house. There have been a few times that I wished that I started with a pickup so I could put a slide in camper in it or haul big stuff to the dump, but all in all, I wouldn't trade it for anything now. It is one of those "how did I ever get along without it?"

After seeing how nice your truck came out, I'm looking forward to seeing how whatever you get turns out.