View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #112
menace121978

Re: Streetrod Farm Truck build..."the Diesel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Hoe View Post
Thanks fellas. I can't wait to get started on it. I need to get a dash and door panel covered so eveyone can see and then I can start getting things situated so I can get the truck dropped. I still need to get the control arms, rotors, calipers, and rear disc brake bracket painted. I bought some stuff from lvschevytrucks to paint and seal all that stuff.

Also I wanted to comment that even though the rear disc brake brackets from blackbird look like they are well made and cut out by a machine, for the money I pad I expected the brackets to be pwodercoated or some thing and the kit to come with grade 8 hardware which it did not. The brackets must have painted right before they were put in the box and they had to be pried apart and the hardware is subpar in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
sorry to hear that Chuck. mine had grade 8 in it but i had to blast the brackets and paint them myself. i couldn't complain too much more because he knocked $50 bucks off mine because he shipped the wrong kit the 1st time. you should give him a call. i'm sure he'll make it right.

1978 Silverado (2wd, 1/2 ton, short bed)complete nut & bolt frame off restomod LQ9/4L80E
MY LS SWAP/FRAME OFF BUILD BOOK

2006 TBSS way too much to list