View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #35
bighaas79

Re: tune up/ mass air flow question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside83 View Post
well just got off the phone with local parts store/ service center and they said the coil packs is whats causing my problems any one agree with that, he said i could take it down and he could tel me which one or ones are bad, i think im just gonna get all 8 so i dont have to deal with this again in a month
did they look at it or are they telling u this over the phone? If you would take your truck to a competent repair shop that actually knows what they are looking at when looking at data streams this would have been fixed by now. The parts stores most of the time don't know jack about whats wrong with your vehicle, they just want to sell you parts. It is possible that you have a bad coil but highly unlikely. Plain and simple it comes down to this, quit throwing parts at it and have someone who knows what to look for look at it so you know exactly what to get. It has been suggested multiple times that it is very possible your cats are clogged... have you even had someone check to see if thats your problem? You can ask for all the help you want but if you don't follow thru with the diagnosis process you get to the point we are at now, 2 months of asking the same question. Whats wrong with my truck. Everyone wants to save money and do things their self, which is great, but there comes a point when you have to realize your in over your head and need to take it somewhere. There is only so much help that can be given over the internet before it just comes down to the fact that you need to look at data streams to start to get to the root of your problem.
bighaas79 is offline   Reply With Quote