Thread: led headlights
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #8
colin_havens

Re: led headlights

I think they look badass myself. However I have no experence personally with them, and the price tag is waaay out of my budget. For that kind of money I can do alot instead of led headlights.

If you are worried about brightness, I HIGHLY recommend running relays for your headlights, as they made a huge difference in my light output. I replaced my headlights with Sylvania Silverstar sealed beams, and they with the relays are easily twice as bright as the old sealed beams, and not really much money. Best bang for the buck mod have done to my truck.

You can always do HIDs, and they arent hard either. All you need is composite headlights, the kind you can swap the little H4 bulb out in, and a HID H4 bulb kit. pretty much plug and play on most setups, or very little wiring at most. Now some people will tell you that to properly run HIDs, you need a projector style headlight housing in order to not scatter the light and blind oncoming traffic, and to focus the beam properly. Im not going there and getting into that argument, but I have HIDs on my daily and didnt use projectors, and the light output is awesome, and I dont have people flashing their lights at me thinking I have my brights on. Maybe because its lowered too?

I guess to sum it up, the led headlights are cool, but waaay over priced. Let them come down a little bit or I decide to build some super high dollar ride, and I would consider running them. They definatley are not something you see every day. But for me, there are other cheaper options that offer great light output, and allow me to use the remaning funds for other mods.
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote