View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #23
greguw

Re: 1990 GMC Suburban ... Cummins Powered

Thanks Guys , just got the inter frame rails bolted in . I was going to weld them in just because the amount of factory holes but decided to use hardware instead ...
I went with longer bolts on the driver side to use the extra thread as a mount for my new fuel and brake lines .
I was going to try and retain the original lines but after taking a look at it it would be easyer to run new ... The exhaust runs down pass side on the cummins plus the feeds for the cummins are on the drivers side .
Today I'm going clean under the truck and tear into the rear suspension and rear axle .
I have a DYI rear shackle flip , so I am going to drill out the rear hanger rivets , not sure if I am going to retain the stock rear springs ... There saging about 1/2 on the pass side ... I have a pair of 5.5 superlift springs that are new and may pull a leaf out to try and get them to sit a little flatter .
With the DYI flip that would put me around 10" of lift , the weight of the suburban should bring them down a inch .
I'll keep you posted .
Attached Images

Last edited by greguw; 09-14-2010 at 07:03 AM.
greguw is offline   Reply With Quote