View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #1843
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred" w/ 5.3L LS swap info

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTork View Post
Bob, I may have a bunch of questions to ask you very soon. I got a great deal on a 2007 6.0 and I am going to shoot to install it around next spring/summer. It's just a longblock so I will be assembling parts over the winter to get it ready. I have done a good deal of research on these swaps over the last few years but may need some quality advice from you. I will keep you posted, probably via PM.
Ask away, either here or a PM. If you can, post them here, then the info is getting out to the masses! BTW, the bracket got here yesterday!!! Thanks again, and sorry I'm just now popping up to say thanks. Been taking some lessons trying to knock a few (OK, a bunch) of strokes off of my golf game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets View Post
If you don't already have a place to host these let me know. I have a couple of servers and depending on your needs I can host them for free for you. Just shoot me a pm if you are interested.
Thanks man, I will keep it in mind for when I am ready to get them going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfunk View Post
i just read this, after everything, i have seriously been wanting to do the swap (even thouht about pulling the ls-1 and 6-speed from the 'hawk ) but i wasnt up for the challenge of gathering parts and what not, but now?? oh my..the lil lady is gunna give me an earfull
Well, according to some people I know, I am good at knocking people off of that fence.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79gmc5.3 View Post
You know, first you get a lot of money.... Then you build a big factory and pay all of your workers lots of money......... Then to raise profits you close your factory and send all the work to Mexico.
Hmmm, I have most of that covered, except the Mexico part. But my guys in the shop here work with an average material thickness of 1/2". I wonder if the even remember how to weld something as thin as header tubes?

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 09-16-2010 at 05:04 PM.
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote