View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #91
68 short step

Re: project " Blue-Ray"

few more progress pics to post...
got a adaptor harness (first pic) made for the brake sw./ TCC control.. so its a factory (for 84) brake switch controlling everything, and its a simple plug in deal..
i also mounted, and wired in the OBD2 port, its on the driver side, and is easy to get to, yet inconspicuious..also blasted/painted the stock exhaust manifolds, and installed them...i then had a few friends over to help hang the front clip... it went well, and had it installed/bolted down in about 15 mins...once the clip was installed i put in a new battery perch (hard to see in the dark pic), but looks better then the rusty one it replaced...then determind the best place to mount the fuses/relays for the engine/trans, after going back and forth on either mounting them on the backside of the core support, or on the dr. side fender, i thought that they looked good on the fender and the fact that they are easy to get to made my decision...so i mounted them there....now came to the air intake, its a 4" chrome one that i had to 'tweak' the mount on it so it would mount to the head, rather then the battery box of a newer style truck (like it was designed to do) worked out nicely (only thing i have to do now is paint the bolt that holds it to the head)...

68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote