View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #989
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Boss 338 Wheels **GROUP BUY**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugernot View Post
I understand what you are saying and will not call or send anymore emails. But please understand that for SIX MONTHS I have patiently waited for delivery of the wheels I ordered. I have waited in silence and hoped for weeks that the wheels would arrive.
Same here, man. No one feels your pain more than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugernot View Post
But it blows my mind that the supervisor, who I emailed twice, can't take the time or make an effort to reply and share the information you received with me.
The information I just shared isn't from anyone you guys have been in contact with, not on the phone or via email. I'm in direct contact with the allocation manager (not the sales manager mentioned earlier) and am now getting info from as close to the actual production line as I think anyone's gonna get. While I won't be sharing that contact info, I'll continue to share whatever production info I can. Even though I only got the ball rolling on this, I feel responsible not just to the people who are still owed product but also to the company who really fell victim to overselling by Colin, who either didn't understand the situation when taking the orders or took the orders recklessly knowing that wheels weren't going to ship right away.

No one foresaw the debacle this would turn into, but having a better view of the big picture from both sides now I think it's fair to say that AEWC to a large extent has gotten the short end of the stick as well as us. Product was oversold, product that they couldn't deliver and which they apparently never said they COULD deliver, either immediately or in the short term. Then their private order desk number (supposed to be only for dealers) was given out and Marcus got caught in the middle. I don't know exactly how he screwed things up either for us or AEWC, but he's no longer with the company.

AEWC is busting their butts trying to make this right. They made some mistakes in communicating with us (probably because they aren't used to dealing directly with end users; their business is 100% sales to retailers) and have addressed that in part by eliminating a problem employee, apparently. It's like this: imagine you have a paint brush and a couple cans of paint. One of your friends hears you have paint supplies and tells 50 people you'll paint their houses for them, that you'll do it by the end of the week, and that they have to pay up front. Try as you might, even though you weren't the one who made that impossible promise, you try your best to paint some houses anyway but because you only have a couple cans of paint, you can only get one of them done. Everyone else, of course, is pissed because they were promised that their houses would be painted and they paid up front.

Anyway, you see where that analogy is going, and I'm sure you see some obvious holes in it. But you get the idea. AEWC is doing their best, but the situation really isn't their fault (except insofar as they had a bad employee giving bad information; he's gone now). Bad PR isn't going to help anything and really isn't fair. They didn't create the problem but are trying their best to fix it nevertheless. They want us to be satisfied, and they're trying to make that happen.

That's really enough from me on the subject. I feel really bad about the part I played in slamming them previously, before I had the whole story. All I can do now is try to present the rest of the picture. Hope this helps.

Brent

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 09-30-2010 at 08:07 PM.