View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #70
cayoterun

Re: 84 GMC C2500, V12 powered

Been studying the info. printed from the links.

Low vacuum switch? How important is it for my use? As said before, my torque is 630#@2400rpm max. It will take a hard load or quick stab on the throttle to drop my vacuum much. From the info, I understand the most important thing about all these controls is to get the torque converter to unlock in 4th (od)? If so, I can deal with that by manual shift to 3rd with shift lever. In short, stay out of 4th except easy hiway driving, since that is the only time I want od.

I think I understand what's necessary concerning the TV cable and carb bell-crank adjustment and can get there by using a pressure gauge. Also understand the need for the brake switch to kick out of od. I have to fabricate the bell crank for the propane carb and and cable mount on block. The measurements needed were in the links. Thanks to you guys and the links you've posted.

The motor and all are still in the donor '91 GMC truck, so if I can trace the wiring, switches, etc and get them removed intact, then try to copy it on this motor, except necessary adjustment changes it will create.

I'm just puzzled how I can deal with lack of quick vacuum changes, if staying in third except on hiway won't protect the torque converter and tranny.
Cayoterun

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 09-26-2010 at 01:19 PM.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote