View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #19
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: 5.3 first start wont start

It's running, whoa hoo!
I wanted to say thanks for all the advise I got. I Just thought I share with everybody what I came up with. maybe it will help somebody else. What I found was 7 of my injectors were stuck from sitting for however long, after checking that the pcm was triyng to pluse them, I removed them from the fuel rail, I put power to each injector, on and off, spraying carb cleaner in the tops until I could here each one open and close. ( there is a small screen or filter inside each injector, so made sure that was as clean as possible. I was getting a bunch of crap out of them. I then submerged them in berryman's b12 carb cleaner overnight.(remove the o-rings first) The next day, I again put power to each one and made sure i was getting cleaner though each injector I then put on new o-rings, put them back into the rail, used my OTC fuel injector cleaner and pressurized the rail to 50lbs with the B12 and gas. Then powered each injector on and off while watching to see that i got a good spray into my little bucket. All the injectors seam to a have a nice fat spray pattern, so I put it back togeather, ran the engine on the rest of my cleaner & gasoline cocktail.
obviously this is not a professional bench cleaning or flow charting, but it has saved me a $h!t load of money, over new injectors, and it showed, despite sitting for a while my engine does run and sound good.

mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote