View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #138
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: 60-66's in the movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctahlequah View Post
So Russ, you're the cool Dad huh? Or is it time for a paint job?

I've seen our trucks pop up in the tv show "Supernatural". and that 67 Impala is sweet!
That '67 Impala is what got me hooked on that show in the first place. Seems they like to use a lot of classic GM vehicles in there. Now I am completely hooked, it is the only tv show I have ever followed.

My wife is re-watching a TV show from her teen years; Roswell. I couldn't help but catch a few episodes here and there. If I'm not mistaken I believe there is a 4-5-6 pickup parked on the side of one of the main characters homes. Haven't seen a good enough shot yet to know what it is exactly, maybe I'll figure it out soon.

Also I believe in the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" (the 73 Mach 1 version), there is a wrecker they use to tow a few vehicles and actually wind up in a bit of a chase in. If memory serves me correctly it also was a 60-66 GM truck. I'll have to watch it again, it has been too long. I know they are all over in the movie as background and traffic vehicles though.

The Steve McQueen classic "Bullitt" has a few on the San Fransisco streets during the famed chase scene.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote