View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #307
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynee View Post
I'm really psyched to see stuff going back together for you. It's got to be nice to walk out in the morning and see that nice black frame sitting there.
Way better than the rusty pile that was there a week ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtblazer View Post
Got caught up with your progress since I was on last...whew, it's become a whole different blazer.

Keep the faith, it'll come together soon enough.
Plans changed with the availability of cheap parts. I've found enough parts trucks over the past couple years to do this. Still planning to do it as cheap as possible, but more reliable. One of the main things that have changed since I started this was my confidence doing body work and I'm not ashamed to say that watching your work along with several other non-body repair guys on this board pushed me into giving it a real try. I'm willing to do things or try things that a year ago I wouldn't have. A better welder made all the difference, plus my patience has improved slightly over the years.

Here's some news that I never really expected. I only have a 2 car garage. My wife gives up her spot in it to me other than when it's winter. She told me that if I put a remote start in her denali that she would park in the driveway so I could use both sides of the garage this winter. I'm not sure I'll take her up on that, but it is very cool to have the option. I ran the garage heater on propane last year, but it's pretty expensive. I want to run a gas line out there before the ground freezes.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote