View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #42
madmopar
This guy has got to be stopped

Re: "The possum" build - 1970 4x4 LWB on mid 70's chassis

I mocked up my bed. I used a bottle jack in the front and boards in the back. Once I got it where I wanted it. Here's my son helping, and you can see the boards holding it up in back.

I had to raise it more than I thought I would. About 3.25 in the front, and about 4.25 in the back. I used stock 2.5 inch suspension lift blocks from a ford ranger and a part of body mount for the front. The back required more creativity. I used a couple bumper prbrackets off a dodge dakota. It reguired me drilling 4 holes in the frame and moving the mounting location in the bed outbout an inch on each side. I am going to go back and put a 4"tube undet the center bed sill - because it works out to exactly 4 inches right there. I have to get the tube sometime this week, but I got it looking correct now... Here are the after pics - go to page 1 for the before pics. Forgive the pics - I didn't have the camera today. I'll get better ones w/ some underneath shots this week.

The rear shot looks tilted, but its just my amatuer photography skills... In reality, It looks level.

1970 4x4 LWB project: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415134

Last edited by madmopar; 10-10-2010 at 09:39 PM.
madmopar is offline   Reply With Quote