View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #219
LEEVON

Re: Project "Popeye"

PISSED!!!!!!!!!

Crappy parts just ruined a productive evening. My wife was gracious enough to let me go play after dinner (with 2 kids and full time jobs this is a big deal on a weekday).

I've gotten the engine in and collected everything I needed to put the flywheel, clutch assembly and trans in for good too. I took my time, checked the bellhousing runout (which was surprisingly good), installed the pilot bearing, and flywheel. Torqued the flywheel bolts 17lbs, 34lbs, 69lbs...lined up the clutch and pressure plate, installed the bolts finger tight and began to torque.

Wait, why is this pressure plate bolt spinning freely in the flywheel??????????

The dang threads on the very last bolt were crap, never made it past 10lbs of torque. I had to remove everything including the $50, one-time use, TTY, special order flywheel bolts (bet O'Reilly won't be replacing those huh?). Soooo frustrating. Anyways, here's some "update" pics. Hope I'm in a better mood next time
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 10-12-2010 at 12:45 AM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote