View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
palposity

Need help with Fuel Line Routing

Hey guys,

Today I am doing some plumbing work on my "Cletus" project. My truck is going to be all stock and I'm having trouble finding stock fuel line routing pics for the dual tank stock trucks. I've found them by the primary switching valve, however I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how they were routed down the frame rail. Specifically, the primary fuel line, on the K series trucks...did that get routed over the rear spring perch of the front leaf spring or through the spring shackle along the bottom of the frame rail???

Most of the pics I'm finding in my searches are with the LSx swaps and I don't want to assume those would be the same.

Any tips would be appreciated, but any and all pics you can find will be worth their weight in gold.

Oh - also I am really struggling with figuring out how the factory did the vapor lines....I think it was only the fuel and return lines that went through the dual tank selector switch, so were the vapor lines brought together in a "T" connection by the tanks, and then routed up front or were they routed individually?

Thanks for your help!

Charlie
Project #1 "Pops"--1980 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 3rd Generation in the same original owner family. GOAL: Restore to "almost" original.
View Project Pops HERE

Project #2 "Cletus"--1986 Chevy K20 4.10 Gear Ratio GOAL: Restore into a heavy duty work/plow rig
View Project Cletus HERE - SOLD

DD--2008 Duramax CCSB

Last edited by palposity; 10-16-2010 at 10:00 AM.
palposity is offline   Reply With Quote