View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #320
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Tub looks really good. hope you can save the one bedside. The underside looks great. We'll forgive you if you edit the budget upwards to accomplish what you want
There were some spots underneath where the undercoating flaked off, and it was perfect brick red original coating from the factory. That bed side will be a problem though. I probably won't get to the body work until next summer though.

Ok, yesterdays progress. Sprayed the bottom with a few cans of undercoating. Sprayed the firewall with some black rustoleum. Probably should have just left it yellow.

The PO had removed the rear seat, and put some smaller bolts through the mount holes, I think just to seal it up. Problem is, the bolt heads are down in a small hole, offset so you can't get any tool in there to hold it. And they are just tight enough that I can't get them loose. Unless someone elsa has an idea, I'm going to tack weld the bolt head to the floor, take off the nuts and grind the weld off.

The rest of the afternoon was spent getting the exhaust installed. I was able to get use of a friends tube expander so all I had to do was fit and cut until I found a flow that worked. I had a lot of problems with this kit from hooker, and wouldn't recommend it. It is done though.

I think the body will go on tonight. Wish me luck.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote