View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
AusTx68

First Car Show First Award :)

This past Saturday I entered my truck in the 2nd Annual Gearheads Car Show sponsored by Cabela's of Buda, Texas. I'm not sure how many vehicles were in the show but there were a lot. Many megabuck rides were on site. The show format was completely open with no classes. Trophies to the top 25 overall. Looking at the competition I knew there was no way I'd be that group. There were several sponsor awards given. The last award of the day was the only cash award. It went to the vehicle that represented the spirit of the show..the "what it's all about" as they put it. Hell, to be honest I wasn't sure. All I know is they called my name! Boy was I shocked! I went up all smiles and was given $500 cash and a cardboard wall hanger.

The fact that I even made it to the show is a feat in itself. In the previous two weeks the bed wood was laid and the tilt column with custom gauges put in place. The truck was at the upholstery shop until 7pm the night before. My wife booked us for a night out so all I could do was park it till morning. It sat overnight covered in dust. The next morning I had 45 minutes to clean it up and hit the road during which my tranny started to go out (that's another long story). Anyway, I made it and had a blast checking out all the cool rides.

I didn't have a camera and my phone died at the show which means no show pics. A few friends were onsite but I have yet to see their photos. Yesterday I had a friend of mine take photos of the truck at a local golf course to show how it looked at the show. No hood because the body shop couldn't finish it in time. The visors stayed at the upholstery shop and I didn't have time to get a classic radio for the dash..sorry guys I know I'm rambling..here are the pics..

Last edited by AusTx68; 03-11-2011 at 12:26 AM.
AusTx68 is offline   Reply With Quote