View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 12:33 AM   #272
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
Another great story and pic's.
Thanks!! We had alot of fun on this one despite getting such a late start. One of the most surprising aspects was after all of this trail running, highway to get there, highways coming back, in the end the gas gauge was showing just over 1/4 tank used. I couldn't believe it. I was going to fill up before we came home, but figured why bother as we were still well over 3/4 tank at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Great story! Thanks for sharing. I would love to do a trip like that some day, but it will be a ways off I'm afraid. Do you have any pics and more info on that Saloon? That sounds pretty intriguing.
Thanks!! No. In all of my/our haste to get out in the woods, I didn't take any--and it is kind of old-hat to us as I have been going there/seeing it for almost thiry years now so honestly I didn't evn think about it.

Here is some internet stuff on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_King,_Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Another very cool story. I just saw your thread on ck5 too haha.
Thanks!! Yeah, I started that one first, but then I thought that I should do one here as I had been buying parts from guys over here and it was a more appropriate site for it anyways.