View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Plastic and Die Cast Trucks

Here’s a shot of my 60-66 truck fleet. The one in the top center was built years ago using a Modelhaus resin replica of an original kit, combined with the newly released (at the time) Revell stepside/boat kit. The other two 1/25th trucks are a combination of Revell kits with AMT and Modelhaus parts. Sadly the molds wore out and Modelhaus no longer offers the GMC parts. The black 1/32nd kit is a cheap friction toy. The two 1/43rd 1960 diecast trucks came as a set titled “First Strike” or something like that. One came painted and the other is a bare assembled casting. The black rig in the same scale came with a long Mr. Gasket trailer.

And I picked this up this morning at Walmart. The bed will be cut off for a swap to the black fleetside.

I’ve always thought the 73 stepside bed looked like what the factory should have provided in 1960 when these trucks were new. We’ll see how it turns out in 1/64th.

And here’s the first mock up. It all fit together reasonably well after some cutting and grinding. A bit of adjusting, some paint and maybe new wheels should take care of it.

Last update for today. Kind of a fun one day project:

Last edited by markeb01; 10-23-2010 at 07:55 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote