View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #333
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

I was interrupted yesterday during my post, wife was making me go to a wedding. So to finish the update for yesterdays progress, I got the passenger side door mounted. This one has the best sheetmetal out of all the doors I had, but the rubber is shot everywhere. I'll need to cut the window frame off yet also. I also replaced the pins on both hinges, that cost about $17 at napa. It's much cheaper for those pins on-line, but I needed them right now.

It was kinda dirty, but cleaned up ok.

Then I put on the driver side fender. Just 3 bolts holding it now, cause I'll probably pull it off to work on the engine or steering column. But it looks ok.

I was hoping to get the other fender on, but it's not ready yet. I left it with a neighbor who is a body man to hammer out some dents. He got the wheel arch dent pretty much out, but the dent in the front lower cup isn't done yet. He needs a longer spoon or something to get it. I need to get the other door out of storage today and get it bolted on. Then I want to bolt the roll bar in and set the top back on it. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 10-24-2010 at 08:15 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote