View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
elzombo

Z's 1972 K5 CST Blazer Rebuild

And so it begins...

I bought her about 3 years ago and just then I had to PCS to Oklahoma. On top of which I then deployed for 15 months and so unfortunately she sat out at my brother-in-law's ranch. Upon return from my deployment I did plan on bringing her up to Oklahoma, but never really had the opportunity. Well I moved back to Austin about a year ago but with the move, etc, etc, etc...she stayed sitting out in the country alone. Well I am so happy that FINALLY earlier this week I brought her home. She needs a lot of TLC and I plan to give it to her little by little.

Plans...
Well I am not going to turn her into a daily driver, but I also am not looking for a show truck. My plans are more along the Sunday cruiser and family recreation. Plan is to keep her mostly stock and I'm going to re-use any and all parts that I can (with the exception of motor and tranny at this point). I don't want to half a$$ this restoration though. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Why invest my time and money into something only to have part after part that should have been replaced fail a year or two down the road. I am VERY new to auto work (mechanical and body). By new...I mean I know little to nothing. But what better way to learn than to jump into the deep end of the pool. I am HIGHLY motivated and never quit anything once I start. I am going to be asking a LOT of questions on here and hope to track her progress as it goes along.
Attached Images

Last edited by elzombo; 10-26-2010 at 05:54 PM.
elzombo is offline   Reply With Quote