View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
elzombo

Re: Z's 1972 K5 CST Blazer Rebuild

Small steps...

So baby steps is all that I'm really able to start with now. The previous owner put in some home-fabbed side rear panels made from what appears to be particle board and cheap carpet. The bed was also lined with the same cheap carpet and carpet pad. It was glued on with some adhesive. I decided to remove it all as well as remove the rear bench seat. Now when I bought her 3 years ago there wasn't much rust. There was rust in the two rocker panels (both driver and passenger sides) and some surface rust in the bed. When I looked underneath the body seemed to have "normal" surface rust as well.
Since I'm new to all of this, thought I'd post to some pics to get some opinions. Is this rust minimal? normal? bad? Will I probably need to do a lot of metal work to cut out the cancer? My tentative plans (if the rust is in fact minimal surface rust) are to remove as possible and then Line-X the entire interior floor of the Blazer along with the interior side panels, the firewall, and the bottom of the shell. Is this do-able? If so is it a good idea/plan? I know I do not want carpet inside the Blazer.

Here are those pics
Attached Images

Last edited by elzombo; 10-26-2010 at 10:44 AM.
elzombo is offline   Reply With Quote