View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #338
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Still plugging away at it, even though I have had almost no available time lately. My neighbor left me a surprise when I got home today. He finished hammering out my fender and I think he did an incredible job.

What it used to look like...

Couple bolts holding it on.

That door actually matches the front clip if it was buffed out. I have a couple ideas for a replacement bedside. I know where a couple blazers are at in some junkyards, but I don't remember the condition of them. Not really any shortbeds around, so this may be my best bet for now. I have all winter to look.

I also may have found some vortec heads. I have to call the guy this weekend to set up a time to look at them next week. High mileage heads, so I have to take a close look to see if they are usable, but the price is right. I also just bought a Holley Pro-Jection EFI set up used, from a board member here for my C-10. So I'll be swapping the edelbrock from that onto this. If I get the heads, I just need to find the intake and I'll be able to button up the engine. The vortec intakes are kind of spendy, so I might check to see how much it would cost to machine a 1st gen intake to fit the vortec heads. Those are a dime a dozen.

It's crazy to think about it, but there is a small chance I'd fire this thing up again this year. I'd like to hear it run so I know I can drive it next summer.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 10-29-2010 at 11:14 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote