View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #241
swyfor5

Re: My new build thread: Stage 4!

Ok, I am lost again. Trying to decide on the steering purchase for the dana60 swap. I have researched and researched this to no end. Looking at Ballistics stuff, ORD Design, WFO Concepts, all really nice. I want to go with a crossover setup, and the high steer arms to eliminate the kingpin springs. I dont think I need to go full hydro, or even hydro assist for my application. Leaning toward Ballistics D60 high steer kit which has the 2 high steer arms, 8 studs, nuts, etc. Then the crossover steering kit which has the 4 7/8"-18 chevy tie rod ends (x1 es2234L., X1 es2027L., X2 es2234R) plus 4 tube adapters for the rod ends, 2 1.5" OD .250 wall tubes for the tie rod and drag link 58" long. All adds up to 2 kits so far at considerable cost. If I understand correctly, I also need to purchase a 2wd steering box to run this setup. I have already bought the correct pitman arm for this, ( I believe). Does it sound like I'm on the right track here? As far as the 3 companys listed above, Ballistic seems to have the most complete kits for this application, but maybe I've missed something here. Any of you guy's done this swap lately, or have any advice for this rookie? Looking at one of the higher priced upgrades to my stage 4 project, and want to do it right!
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote