View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
spudz

Re: 88 GMC Jimmy "Jimbo"

Little progress today. Broke the hood cable so that will have to be fixed now. Stuck a battery and 4 gallons of gas in jimmy today and cranked it up. It ran ok but idle was unstable and would just stall for no reason but crank right back up... Quick check of everything and couldnt find anything wrong.. Found crusty connection at PCM, cleaned conectors and put some die electric grease in there and it runs great now.. Idles is a little high. I need to adjust it down. I think I am going to get it going with the 6cyl again and iron out everything before I swap the v8 in. The cruise, and wippers dont work and ignition lock cyl is bad. The cruise never worked and I traced it down to the switch in the column along time ago I think. I have no idea why the wippers dont work they did before I parked it last. I have a nice tight column with good lock cyl out of the s10 I parted along time ago I think I will just swap in and go from there. I am going to try and CLEAN the hell out of it this week and take some more pics... I also found the alternator has almost rubbed a hole in the upper rad hose. So I am going to get a new hose and flush the coolant sometime this week. It could also use a new upper and lower radiator shroud and I cant find the air cleaner.. So I will try and get replacements for those. I DID however run across the original box the billet grill came in, inside I found the mint original GMC grill that I think I will reinstall and I also found a NICE center console to replace the busted one in the jimmy.. Anywho its a little update but a update none the less.
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote