View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #23
boatpuller

Re: I may leave the Chevrolet line .....

i think if you went to a dodge site you may get some different opinions.my knowledge is only in the diesel line.iv'e owned a super duty 250.that i used to haul a large boat for as much as 500 miles one way up some steep grades here out west.after being literally blown away up those hills buy dodge diesel's,and after spending more than a payment on a new one each month just to get it to start. i bought an 02 cummins 4x4.and it went up those same hills pulling that same large boat with half the effort.i sold the boat and made the mistake of buying a 2005 half ton chevy 4x4 crew cab with abou a short bed.that was no stranger to the shop.but,a comfortable truck..i don't think the japanese offer a real truck only half ton pickups.my 02 dodge never had a serious problem .i work with several cummins owners who will all attest to their dodges.my current 09.dodge is a beast towing a 13k 34 foot fifth wheel.as mentioned dodge did have some transmission issue's.which have been resolved several model years before.chevy and ford have had problems too.ever hear about gm piston slap?type it in some time.and read about the lawsuits for hours.they also had a steering issue in recent years.their diesel while now seems to be good took a few years to get right. ford has gone thru about 3 different diesel configurations in the past 10 years.point is they can all have problems.and everybody knows somebody.i can tell you as an actual owner.i'm am very pleased with dodge.i won't offer financial advice because i don't think it's any of my business.but,i would offer this.if you plan on using it like a truck for several years. look at a long box 3/4 ton or 1 ton 4 wheel drive,then you'll be able to do and haul whatever.i know people including myself who bought shortboxes on looks alone only to be restricted by bed length.and i think you got expected feedback about dodge on a chevy forum.

Last edited by boatpuller; 11-11-2010 at 09:50 AM.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote