View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
drummin89

Re: 1st Radio Controlled Vehicle in Over 10 Years!

Its an addicting hobby. I was into the r/c hobby about 7 years ago, had a few traxxas cars. Never raced or anything, just ran them on the street and in the yard. That lasted for a few years then I sold them all. About 2-3 years ago I was at a car show/swap meet looking for parts for my 52. Some guy had a traxxas t-maxx for sale and my brother and I decided to go halfs. Wasn't too long after that I decided I wanted my own and bought a new nitro rustler. Then while searching ebay I came across a ofna 8th scale buggy and bought it, then from there I just couldn't stop. Up to a few weeks ago I was up to 11 of them and 2 helicopters. I had on-road cars, monster trucks, race buggies and truggies and a few custom ones I made. The hobby took over to the point I didn't touch the 52 for over a year. Discovered awesome local hobby shop that had a outdoor dirt track. Over that time I had became a premium eBay/PayPal member (or something like that) with all the purchases I made on eBay.

Within the last month though I've been selling and trading a few, getting the number down to 3. Just keeping the ones I used the most. But before I did that I had to buy one of the 5th scale buggies from HPI racing which should be here sometime mid next week. Bought it from a guy on a R/C forum for $600. Got back to work on the 52 as well, but thats in slow progress mode until spring comes.

I'll post a few pictures when I get home.
-Clifford 2/4bbl Aluminum Intake and Headers
-1/2 ton front axle swap w/ 5lug disc brake kit
-CPP Power Steering Kit

Various pictures of my 52 Chevy 3600

Last edited by drummin89; 11-12-2010 at 09:40 PM.
drummin89 is offline   Reply With Quote