View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #354
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

I used the 74 cable assembly thru the floor board, thru the frame and along the frame rail. I used the stock 59 cable from the cross bar forward. I had to relocate the pivot wheel back on the frame so the cable missed the under floor brake booster and mc. One of the cables had an adjustable clevis on it, I wrapped the other around the clevis pin and secured it with wire cable "clamps" (the double hole kind you smash with a hammer). I also kept the adjustable clevis at the cross bar.

I did not clear the tank, I will just let it patina and keep it hosed down. I was worried that over time the clear would start to flake or peal and look worse than the patina.

Not much done this week end, finished up the drive lines, decided since one strap was stripped the rest should be replaced. Installed the inside ventilation vents and converted them to simple wire pull with a finger loop. Cleaned up the shop looking for my replacement door hinge pins, no luck but work bench is clean. And traded a Nova bellhousing for a standard one for my 64 Chevelle. Also did a quick once over of all the attachment I have done so far. For some reason I had forgotten to put on the bottom rubber and nuts on the motor mounts (running stock 59 front mounts) which I completed, and figured I'd better check for more brain farts. Also got the muffler hangers done.

Last edited by OrrieG; 11-14-2010 at 07:28 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote