View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:38 AM   #36
irishman999

Re: I may leave the Chevrolet line .....

My 2000 Dakota was a total piece of crap. Mild off roading would screw up the front end throwing off the alignment and burning up my tires. The transmission never shifted right, The defective ball joints in the front end got replaced by a dealer but worked loose and almost came un-done. Heater quit working, interior parts fell apart, the rear differential was going out when it finally got repo'd but the one thing that pissed me off the most was It was a 5.9 and had absolutely no power. I had no issues with the motor it was just a horribly underpowered engine that burned a ton of gas and gave me no enjoyment. There is my dodge experience.

I need to add, The front brakes were horrible, they always gave me trouble and the truck always felt like you were driving in sand. When I planned on keeping the truck I looked into a lift kit, there was one available and a big part of that was due to the poor front brake design that kept after market company's from designing a kit to lift an already crappy vehicle.

Day to day use was just fine (besides gas mileage). Anytime you need a truck that performs that truck fell way short.
irishman999 is offline   Reply With Quote