View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #41
RuralRoute C-30

Re: I may leave the Chevrolet line .....

Just sold the last Dodge Ram I plan on owning.

Had a 95,96, 01 and finally an 05. Every single one of them had rust in the inside door corners in less than 50k miles and just out of the warranty for rust repair.

The 95 had brake problems in less than 2k miles.

The 96, a good truck but rusted. The 01, rust and problems with the rear seal in the rear end. Same problem with the 05 only worse with power steering leaks plus the rear seal and rust inside both doors.

Now this is not bashing the Ram. Other makes and models can have problems too. But since the topic is on these trucks, my opinion only, I have retired from being a Dodge Ram fan even though I really like the styling and the interior comfort.

Actually I'm at the point were I to be inclined on spending a lot of money on any truck today it would be on an older one for a lot less money and fix it up a piece at a time as my C-30. I enjoy tinkering with it.

Out of curiosity I recently priced a new 1-ton and am not even close to one-third the cost of a new one fixing up what I got. Plus a new one hasn't the style of old iron and I wouldn't be able to work on one if it was given to me! At least the old ones come with just one big book.

Good Luck in whatever you do decide. It will be you making the payments.

Mark

"Reality is just a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol."
RuralRoute C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote