View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #19
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclerodz View Post
been there, done all this. the length issue is not in the AA adapter, it is in the difference in the 2 transmissions. the 4500 is just that much bigger.
Not really Mike….

The two parked next to each other looks as though the NV4500 may only be a 2 or 3 inches longer from the trans face to the end of the adapter. I can’t take an actual measurement of the two right now as I pulled the NV4500 apart to take a look at the tails shaft nut. From what I can tell by the pictures on line, the AA 205 adapter is going to add what looks to be 4 to 5 more inches behind the NV4500 adapter. If I had a round 205 to bolt right on to the NV4500 tail shaft housing the overall length doesn’t look like it would grow but 2 to 3 inches.

The engines in ’73 and newer GM 4x4’s do not sit any further back than their 2wd brothers. Prior to ’73…yes

I don’t have a problem with hydraulic but I would rather use an external slave cylinder over the newer internal slave/release bearing assemblies. The Centerforce pressure plate is very soft even with a mechanical linkage. In fact, the Centerforce clutch is no harder to step on than my ’01 Silverado with an 8.1L and ZF S6-650.

I’ll know for sure sometime today once the UPS man shows up with the AA kit.

Steve,

Funny thing, I am planning a rear disk swap too. What are you doing for a park brake? I don’t want to use Eldorado calipers!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote