Thread: Silver Dollar
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #115
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Silver Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Super nice! That silver has me rethinking my color choice for my own project. Great work!

Are you doing all the painting out in the open right there in your garage?
I love the color too, i think it looks better once I sprayed it then it did on test panels. Unfortuantly I did Paint it right there in the garage. I did all my primmer work with the doors open. i shut the doors to do the color and clear, but couldnt see a damn thing it was too dark, so I opened the doors. surprisingly I had very little trash in the primmer, color or clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasqar View Post
I'm not sure you will like it, I heard the color is hard to match if it gets scratched.....I am only 4 hours from you....I can come up and take it off your hands and leave you with my primer ride and you can start all over!!!! Honestly, looks pretty darn sweet!
luckly I still have a little color left over just such catastrophy. we can make that deal, just bring some money with your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrumpipeline View Post
Looks great, what size of compressor and setup are you using to do this?
the compressor is Kobalt (lowes) 5.5hp 60gal. 2stage 13.3 scfm@ 90psi. and I used Harbor freight " purple gun" and a knockoff Iwata lph400 gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike38 View Post
Very sweet, It's going to be a knockout!!
And that was real nice of your wife to help out.
Spike
Yea and she was so happy to do it. shes help me out on a few other things as well. mainly holding things

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevytruckluver View Post
I like the color too, do you have a name and a color code?
The Name: I named it "Orion's galaxy" since it is a custom mix of House of kolor's Orion silver, and Galaxy Gray it just seamed fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4 View Post
WOW. Seems like you are learning as you go. Awesome project. Cool that youve done most all of it, including body work and paint. subscribed for sure.
Iv done my own mechnical work myself for years, but body worked always seamed to have some kind of voodoo to it, and nobody I knew would teach me and every painter does it diffrently. so I said screw it and just decided to do it myself. I can say this there is no voodoo involved, just patience, experience, and Technic. I believe anybody can do it. What you put into it is what you get out. I do have a new appreciation for good Body men and painters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
Beautiful truck. You do great work. It's really cool that your wifes in there helping out. Both of you will be grinning bigger than snot when you get that first ride I bet. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has those little screw ups like your paint thinner splat. Makes me feel normal I have company. LOL. Nice truck.
She is almost done. we're hoping to get that first ride this thanksgiving.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote