View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 69 C20 4x4 project - the mutant

This truck also came with a non-tilt column shift steering column so that saves me the hassle of trying to retrofit one since my 67 column was from a manual trans truck.

Original steering wheel doesn't look too bad other than the color and fading. I have seen and repaired much worse but I will most likely put a smaller diameter more sporty looking wheel on there instead of fixing this one. It will probably go on my 67.

It looks like the glove box door was replaced or painted black but they removed the SPID label so no luck there in figuring out how this truck was optioned from the factory. By the aftermarket amp meter under the dash I would guess this truck did not have one in the cluster. Kind of funny that my 67 C10 only has two options on the SPID and one is the ammeter-oil gauge, the other is a deluxe air heater.

The glove box liner is only partially there but it is enough to let me see how it should go. I think I will build a replacement one out of aluminum and see if I can hang my PCM off the bottom so I have easy access to the chip for tuning.
Attached Images

68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote