View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
DetroitDan

indecisive exhaust ??s

I am looking for some mufflers to make my truck sound good. It's a stock 454 with stock iron manifolds, which I plan on keeping because I love the way it's so quiet at the front of the truck. It is a really long truck, crewcab longbed. Right now I've got decent pipes running from the manifolds back to two cheapo mufflers at the back of the cab, then the tailpipes are absurdly small, totally rotted and exiting out the sides behind the rear wheels. So I can chop the old mufflers off and have room for about anything. I'd like to have the pipes exit at the rear corners at a 45 degree angle to the rear. Straight back would be easier but I don't like how exiting straight out the rear looks too susceptible to backing into things. Plowing always results in backing into snowbanks.
I heard a sound clip elsewhere on here with Summit Turbo mufflers on a stock 350 that sounded great, so I'm thinking I might go that route rather than spending a lot of money on Flowmasters or Magnaflows. I used to hate Flowmasters, too loud IMO, but with this old truck I kind of want to make some noise, as long as it's exiting out the back and only from the pipes, not the whole truck. The Super 40s sound great on the sound clip. Also thought about glasspack cherrybomb style mufflers, because they are cheap and I think they ought to make some noise.
I just don't know what to do! Somebody give me a nudge in the right direction.
DetroitDan is offline   Reply With Quote