View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
RuralRoute C-30

vent window from an 89;will it work?

So I stopped by the local salvage yard today for a window switch assembly for our Saturn (which they don't have). Yet while there I thought to ask about a driver's side window vent for my 85 C-30. Mine has broken where it pivots at the bottom inside the door. Stays closed but I like the vent window.

Anyway, according to their computers this dusty one they had from an 89 suburban will work. Brought it home with a question mark in my mind. Compared it to what the 85 has and it looks the same, size is the same, only tinted, but I can swap the glass...but it lacks the middle mounting screw.

My 85 has 3 screws, top, middle and lower. This one only has two, top and lower with none at the upper pivot bracket like the 85.

Any problems here? Thinking I could just drill it at the upper pivot point for a screw or leave it as is? Yes, no, maybe, return and keep looking?

Haven't taken the door apart yet so thought I'd ask if anyone knew before I even consider it. If it won't work they do allow a return so no fault no foul. But "the computer "says..." it will work" has me asking too.

Appreciate,
Mark

"Reality is just a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol."

Last edited by RuralRoute C-30; 11-26-2010 at 05:33 PM.
RuralRoute C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote