Thread: Blazer on ebay
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Blazer on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypanic View Post
I noticed those rivets. I took the picture. I'm the owner and know the previous owner pretty well (we both live in a town of less than 2000). I believe they are correct and have never been tampered with. Why would I post a picture if they are not. The tow hook was never a factory option, just added by first owner. The compass on the dash works fine and needs no batteries. I'd just as soon this one don't make my reserve so I can keep it.
thanks ypanic
That thing looks great. I like all the little add ons. I think what they are refering to on the rivits is that the original ones were usually a star shape, not perfectly round rivits. Usually means the plate was removed for painting but could also indicate it was titled from another vehicle after a rebuild and the numbers might not match the frame, engine, etc.

Good luck with the sale. I go through Blooming Prairie a lot on my way to Austin. There was a body shop in that town that was run by the guy at the liquor store I think. He had worked on a lot of 67-72 trucks and had a very nice one for sale there a couple years ago. Sometimes I see a yellow truck in a driveway just north of town there. Yours?
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote