View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #18
ray_mcavoy

Re: Wood bed floor option years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru View Post
Thank you for the all of the information, I'm a little curious how this is possible though, is the wood ontop of the steel, and the edging around the tubs is a separate piece of metal?

If not, attempting to cut out a steel floor, and trim around the tubs and everything evenly around would seem like a mess, but I would have to have it perfect, or it would bug me.

Edit:

I didnt catch that at first. So its edging all the way around, and there is steel under it, or it it just like a normal bed, but cut out a few inches in?
Hi Dru,

Yes, it's edging all the way around. Looks somewhat like a steel bed that's been cut a few inches in but it's not. The edging is made of 9 separate steel pieces. I called them "flanges" for lack of a better term. They bolt up to the bedsides/tubs using the same holes as where a steel floor assembly would attach. This pic shows the bed assembly with those flange/edging pieces installed but no wood yet:

The steel floor assembly shown in KQQL IT's pic is entirely eliminated and replaced with the wood floor assembly. The only steel underneath the wood is the cross sills. The 73-80 wood floor assembly bolts together pretty much like the pre-73 ones. Here's a pic with the wood partially installed:
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote