Thread: 1979 c30 454
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
spudz

1979 c30 454

Just picked up this 79 c30 with 454. MSD box, pro billit dizzy, holley carb and edelbrock intake. Runs good, has good tires on front, usable on rear. bed is about a year old. Has a buncha options for a work truck, carpet, headliner, ac, electric windows, tilt, etc. I am not gonna restore it or anything but I am going to make it a nice truck WHILE still using it.... This is important as I am fixing up a house built in the late 1800s and I find myself always needing a bigger bed and forced to tow a trailer. All my trucks are SWB with tool boxes that leaves less then 4ft of space with the humps. it has some rust on the drivers rocker panel that needs fixed. not too bad. Cheap single stage paint. Gotta dig threw my parts, I should have a the correct year front bumper for it. I need to find all the parts to put the a/c back on as its been removed.. and some rewireing to do it the cab as they got the starter on a button as well as the horn. I hate that..... New carpet or vinal floor I havent decided. Bench seat, headliner, out of parts truck I have.. I need to find a set of usable or dyeable door panels for it. Id like to find a stock working radio for it as well. Just make it a decent, presentable work truck.... as thats really all it is. Unless I get handed a usable dually bed or something. I will take better pics this coming weekend as its dark when I get off of work. I took these on the way home with it today.. I have a pic of just about all my rides I tow home at a gas station or stop along the way haha. All in all not a bad truck for 1K
Attached Images

2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..

Last edited by spudz; 12-05-2010 at 09:04 PM.
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote