View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #36
Conroe trucker
SWBs: 67 2x4, 67 4x4, 70 4x4

Re: "Road Toad" 70 SWB S/Side

Well let's just say we went over budget on the bed portion......

The original sides had some serious rust, and because the sides are two piece, with reinforcing creases pressed in, it was not worth the effort to save them.
The tailgate was bent, and even the taillights and front panel were rusted out.
Bought a used pair that had roughly the same issues, but scored a really nice set of fenders rust free.

Soooo Mar-K had a big sale with free shipping, and we bought the sides, oak floor, and polished stainless rails and cross beams from them.
The polished SS hardware is from Totally Stainless.

So everything back there is as it should be, but not s single bolt is from the original truck.

It looks so good I may jerk the metal floor off the red 4x4 and do it in oak also.
It has got to increase the value $7-8k.

With all the underside detail work you are doing Silver7, you might want to consider wood real hard if you have not. If you want PM me your emaul and I will send you the high resolution pics with the fenders on when we get that far.

If you wanted it pretty bullett proof you could Raptor the bottom once together, but I think the finished wood on the bottom is killer. When we put this on the lift to install the exhaust they are going to die.
01 C5 convertable
08 Z06
Conroe trucker is offline   Reply With Quote