View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 03:14 PM   #33
*MJF*
No longer truckless

I'm not taking any sides here. I like this board for the fact that there is a ton of info about 67-72 trucks, but I learned quick that I won't buy or sell here anymore unless I can meet face to face or I'm in an extreme emergency for something.

ALmost every deal I have made here be it selling or buying, I have gotten screwed. And I hardly ever sell anything. I usually give it away. Even so, the scumbags won't reimburse me for shipping expenses.

The couple things I can remember right now are: the carb I bought that was missing linkage pieces but was supposedly pulled off a running truck. Right. The other is a detroit locker I sold for $50 & never got paid. Most of the other ones are me giving stuff away for free & not getting the shipping money back.

I'm not trying to bash the board. Just relaying my experiences here. The way I look at buying parts from a message board is: don't spend more than you would be comfortable losing.

EDIT: I just had an afterthought. I can think of two deals that went well. I bought some parts from CPNE & everything was great. I also bought stuff from some guy in TX(bob villa or bill vista, I can't remember). He even sent the parts to me before I had sent him the money. SO it's not all bad.

Last edited by *MJF*; 06-23-2003 at 03:25 PM.