View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 02:07 AM   #89
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj8198 View Post
i've got an ORD twin stick that i'll install when i do the body work. looks like good craftsmanship.

do you have a bench or buckets Larry?
Yeah, I talked with Steve Watson today at ORD and they have a nice twin stick kit that will work well behind the NV4500. I have a lot of their parts already (rear shackle flip, rear HD shackles, front shackles, sway bar disconnect, steering box brace and HD engine crossmember) and have been impressed with their service and quality. I could really careless about a twin stick shifter as I have yet to be in a position where I think it would have helped…..but, I like the position and durability of their twin stick kit over the AA POS.

The seats are buckets picked from a 1991 Suburban. Installed them a couple years ago but they are light gray and way off in color from the rest of the interior so I have had them covered up with Cabala’s seat covers since then. The fabric is actually in really nice shape under the seat covers but they are broken down quite a bit and the arm rests are toast. Since everything is apart might as well get them redone so they match everything else. Going all vinyl with fabric down the center and pockets sewed into the seat backs (Need a place to store more crap when we are the trail). Might even do a “GM Powertrain Vortec 8100” logo in the seat back if this guy can convert the media logos I have from my work to a usable format for his embroidery machine. Basically, the same logo that is on the engine cover. The interior pictures with the bucket seats before the tear down are on page 1 of this tread.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote