View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #16
Altec
Getcha Pull

Re: How to figure out what I have ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scikotic67 View Post
and also altec what do you mean by combination ?
Confirmation. Simply that I'm leaving it open for someone to correct any mistakes I may have made. Although I'm 99.99% sure it is a Dana-60. You can tell by the casting on the driver side of the pumpkin. Same with the transfercase. It has the vertical casting for a extra brace, and that little "cup" deal on the back side. No transfercase looks like that, and it would be factory until '69 IIRC. The transmission was updated in '68 though. Replacing the SM420, with the SM465. So you pretty much have the last year for that transmission.

But I never hold much faith in what SHOULD be on any older truck... Things get changed so much, factory trucks are a blessing... Well, a curse to me. I can't bring myself to own stock classics. I wanna mess with them to much for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scikotic67 View Post
thanks altec, if it is a dana 60 any idea on the gears ? top speed is like 50- 55 it will get up to 60 and over but the motor dont like it.
That I simply do not know. It may have a tag somewhere under the gunk. Otherwise you can try the old "Turn the axle, and count how many turns it takes for the tire to make one complete revolution." Or pull the rear cover. It'll have the ring, and pinion tooth counts on it. Easy to figure out from there.
'96 Integra

Last edited by Altec; 12-18-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote