View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #86
Billhilly

Re: 41DegreesSouth Build Thread

I have been working on the inside as well. The dash/glovebox deal is all welded up. Old Air is mounted (just needs final spot welding of supports), and I am working on mounting the gate that controls hot air to the windscreen/feet. The Old Air box only has one outlet for hot so I am going to modify the origonal gate deal to work RHD.

I have also mounted up my MSD box and timing controller. Didn't want it in the engine bay so made up a plate to mount them in the back of the glove box. Will probably put my fuse box in front of the ignition as well. I brought the timing controller because I am going to run propane/petrol. Not really the answer but I own it now so may as well put it in.

So I want to get the heating/cooling sorted out then that will pretty much finish under dash except for the fuse box/wiring. That will leave wipers as the main thing left to convert over I think. Oh, and I swaped over the ignition/lighter and finished up welding the brake pedal brace panel deal.

The rust is now the main project. I just bought in a small box of bit's, including the last couple of patch panels I needed. (Thanks Wes!). My kids left Wednesday for four and a half weeks in Ireland with their Mother so I am home alone! I am self employed so will work right through the holidays, but hopefully besides breakdowns, most of my clients will stay away anyway. I am really hopeful of setting aside some time and making a good start on rockers, cab supports, rear cab corners, well you all know the routine! So no excuses really. I need to watch Earl's DVD's again and get after it!
Attached Images

Last edited by Billhilly; 12-18-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Billhilly is offline   Reply With Quote