View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #214
twoodson

Re: My '87 SWB Project w/pics!!

Gordon1973 - Hey boss; actually all i did was buy the Dupli-Color 500 degree engine primer (grey) and the Dupli-Color 500 degree aluminum rattle can from O'reilly. I mad sure that I got as much of the dirt, oil, etc removed. I mainley used brake parts cleaner (Wal-mart) brand, some small and large wire brushes, some scotch brite pads. After I got it as clean as I could I sprayed the primer and I let it dry for about 30 - 40 minutes; even though it was probably dry before then, I was doing other things in the house. I then sprayed a light coat of aluminum waited about 15-16 minutes then sprayed another light coat of aluminum, waited another 15-16 minutes then a 3rd and final coat of aluminum, not a light coat, the 3rd one was heavier giving it a wet look. since it was a little cool I turned on my dual heat lamps on high about 2-3 feet away from the tranny and that was it. I waited about an hour or so and it was fine. We'll see how it holds up. But hell it looks pretty good on the stand.lol lol
twoodson is offline   Reply With Quote