View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
aar8

Need Help with 69 C10

Hi,

I've been a reader of this forum for the last six years since I bought my 1969 c10. In all those years my truck has run with no complaints so I never really needed to post.

Well now old blue is having some issues that have me stumped and I was hoping I could get some wisdom from this forum.

Here's the details. I was driving my truck one day after it sat for about a month and it started dying at every light when I needed to stopped.

After a few lights of having to start it, I got worried about getting stranded with a dead battery so I turned around and went home.

When I got home I noticed the fuel gauge read below Empty, so I figured "it's dying because it's out of gas." No problem, I took some gas out of the shed and started to fill up the tank. Almost immediately it overflowed out the filler neck.

At this point I was stumped. The fuel gauge reads empty, but the tank overflows. I moved the bench seat forward and started tapping on the tank and it sounded hollow/empty.

Other details. My truck has three tanks, but I've only used the cab tank since I purchased it. Also the sending unit in the cab tank only has one tube coming out.

I had to call my dad to borrow his s/10 this weekend in order to pickup a christmas tree. The tree barely fit in that tiny bed.

Thanks,
Adrian
aar8 is offline   Reply With Quote