View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #125
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: Fryer1979 '66 C-10 Build

At last I have a new (to me) 4 wheel drive! While driving my old Camaro is always fun, it does not take well to "grocery getter" driving, and my wife's Firebird is just in need of some maintenance work so it was a bit dicey to drive as well. Glad that is now over with, but at least I have a good idea of what needs to be done for the cars. Anyhow, I wound up not going with a full-size truck. After a lot of discussion, and test driving, my wife and I decided that a full-size just didn't suit our needs or purpose at this time. That lead us to looking at a whole bunch of small SUVs and pickups. While we were on our way out the door to go look through another list of trucks, we took one last look at craigslist.......and found this beauty just posted. 2002 Chevy Blazer 2-Door. 4.3L V-6, auto trans, and only 60K miles! Since everything else on our list had at least 85K on the clock this was the first one we looked at. We both fell in love, a GREAT deal was struck, and now I am the very proud owner of a 4x4 I've had a closet passion for ever since I was a young teenager (always loved the 2-door S-10 Blazers, almost bought a few along the way but never did). Without dragging this on any longer, here is the pic I took right after the previous owner drove out of the parking lot. I'll get some more pics taken once the weather clears up and I can get her all cleaned up.

Name:  Blazer0112202010.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  43.2 KB
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote