View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #1183
Ken Duncan

Re: How about some pics of 73-87 Long Beds?

Thanks for the replies. I have been a "lurker" here for quite a while but have just recently signed up to post. I need to figure out how to modify my profile. I am on my 5th full time driver Chevy truck, plus 6 Chevy Cars, and my 2nd GMC truck. (72 GMC "Jimmy 4X4" was the first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pops View Post
Wow! that thing is mint!^
For a 25 year old truck it is in very, very good condition. It has one unknown dent about the size of a golf ball hit on the hood.

[87 chevy silverado] I know what you mean, a little different, but fits in well with the rest of the chrome stuff and aluminum running boards of the day. The back bumper is heavy duty chrome (like the ones you get behind at night and they blind you) to go with the shiny dual tank towing package.

I really did buy it from the little old lady that kept it in the garage after her husband died. She said her son drove it around on the first of every month if it was not raining to keep it loosened up for many years. I suspect he did not go further than their one mile square though. With being kept in the garage the cloth interior still looks great. It is cleaner than my everyday 4X4 LT Suburan. I usually need more seats than it has or I would use it as a really "special" daily driver. Someone once said "originals are only original once" so I planned to keep it a few years. I had also been thinking about a Chevy 4X4 rock crawler, but decided to go with a 2 seater STOL Savannah VG that will fly 29-88 mph and operate in and out of a 100 ft grass strip instead. With a highwing span of 28 ft, it will clear the GMC bed, but not the cab, so guessing which one will I will "drive" next is getting tiresome for stacking. I also have a 32 ft lowing in the same hangar much of the time, so I really need more space. We think it is a neat truck, but we are tired of moving things around.

[To the site operator.] If you happen to monitor. Thanks for the great site, there is a large amount of various detailed information here, especially for odd ball maintenance items I have used in the past. Excellent!! Ken