View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #318
msgross

Re: post your 67-72 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip67 View Post
I would love to hear from you guys that have lifted your 4X4's...I would like to lift my '67 CST, but dont want to deal with pedals and other stuff( like u bolts on axle etc)...is getting the leaf springs reshaped the best way?? or do you have some other thoughts...

I can get the rear up w/ the air bag...and found a pair of air shocks that are 14" that will fit the front...so I cold get enough "up" to put on some bigger tires ( say 31.5 10.50's similar)

any ideas will be appreciated...t

I have posted this before...but here again is the truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeblues652 View Post
you could always go with a body lift. they are cheap, and you never need to touch any suspension parts. or you could go with a conventional lift kit, but the smallest ive seen them is 4". there are also a few other methods, but they would be the first ones to do IMO

nice truck, I would avoid the body lift... If you only need a little lift I would add-a-leaf for the front and rear or use a zero rate leaf for the same affect. My add-a leaf gained 1.5" before weight was put back on...

You will need to probably get new U-bolts but your shocks should still be find. Using airshocks and bags will make it drive like a 1ton and only wear out in the long run.
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote