Thread: My '74 Jimmy
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #23
centexan

Re: My '74 Jimmy

Well good and very disappointing news. Got the Jimmy inspected this morning and everything passed. (whew) Pulled out, went and filled it up (leaking fuel filler hose) and went to run and errand. Got about twenty miles down the road and it dies. Get pulled over and it turns over and catches but stumbles very bad and then dies immediately. I can keep it running barely if I keep pressing the pedal. Thought it might be some old gas/trash from the tank in the fuel filter so get underneith and pull it off. Pretty good. Then thought it might be the fuel pump. I leave the fuel hose off the filter and turn the key on. Gas gushes out of the line so the pump is working. I am thinking that there might be some trash in the throttle body. It is an 87 350 tbi. Had to have a friend tow me home (sucks). I guess I will need to drop the fuel tank (full) and clean it out, replace the fuel filter just in case. I noticed a few other things like some type of oil spinning out from the front lockouts, and I need to go through the brakes. But it has been sitting for roughly 2 years.